Sunday, July 12, 2009

Smelly chocolate buckets

We found some buckets to use in our food storage, only problem is they needed cleaned. They were filled with different things but most of them had chocolate fondant. When we first got them, YUM they smelled so good. After the days kept going by (months) they began to lose the yummy smell. Our house looked like a true redneck home with buckets lying everywhere. Here is a pic of some of them after the goopy stuff had already been removed and were ready for power wash. (Keep in mind, there are still buckets laying all over the grass and we now have chocolate grass for Kael to play)

The boys job was to scoop out the "goop" left in the buckets. It was a mess and they had "goop" everywhere! (See our lovely chocolate covered grass?)

Now on to the power wash. I was so proud of Kim for enduring the sun and the heat! I think he rather enjoyed the continuous water shower to keep him cool too~ (bags on his legs to help keep his feet dry, remind me of the woolly boots they use in Star Wars, too cute) What a work out too as I can only imagine.

Lets build a box to try and help hold the buckets.....

The box must not have worked too great, he went back to using the shooting bench! I am very relieved the buckets are now done. Once we get the clean buckets out of the yard maybe our neighbors will not think we are quite so trashy! LOL After a 2nd straight day of washing buckets I am eager to see if Kim is walking today.... time will tell~

1 comment:

  1. Geez!!! What a process!! All in the name of food storage!

    ReplyDelete